Westfield UTC New Culinary Lineup
San Diego UTC
San Diego UTC
Westfield UTC will continue to evolve as an urban lifestyle and elevated dining destination with a diverse array of new culinary offerings set to debut in 2017 – from cutting-edge casual concepts to award-winning upscale eateries. To date, leases have been signed by Arbor, Great Maple, Javier’s Finest Foods of Mexico, La Colombe, Shake Shack, Smokeyard BBQ and Chop Shop, The Winery, True Food Kitchen, Din Tai Fung, and more.
In addition, the existing dining terrace has already begun to introduce new dining options, including all-American burger joint, Johnny Rockets, which opened in early January; Korean eatery Bibigo; poke spot Kazanori Poke & Wraps (from the creators of San Diego-favorite, Pokirrito); and several others, with openings planned within the next several months and later into the year.
These are just some of the names that will join the center’s diverse roster of places to eat. The addition of these dining purveyors will further enrich Westfield UTC’s thoughtfully-curated collection of culinary, shopping and entertainment experiences that embody the relaxed luxury of La Jolla, the shopping center’s seaside community.
For many of these new dining tenants – such as LA favorite, Din Tai Fung, Orange County Javier’s, New York City cult-favorite Shake Shack, and upscale California wine concept, The Winery – this new location at Westfield UTC marks a first foray into the San Diego market.
Staying true to its San Diego locality, Westfield UTC is proud to offer local restaurateurs the opportunity to grow their presence in an ever-evolving culinary community.
Below are highlights of Westfield UTC’s incoming culinary line-up, all of which are slated to open in the new expansion in October of this year:
- Arbor, the latest project from the owners of Queenstown Public House in Little Italy, will serve an eclectic variety of wine and craft beer, as well as small, shareable plates and organic sandwiches and burgers for lunch and dinner. An elegant yet stylish concept, Arbor will be styled by acclaimed designer Michael Soriano who developed the whimsical design for Queenstown Public House and other notable properties throughout San Diego, such as the mid-century modern Pearl Hotel and eclectic urban botanical lounge, Vin De Syrah.
- The Winery Restaurant La Jolla will provide the same award-winning dining experience as its Orange County locations, which specialize in contemporary California regional cuisine. The Winery will also open a separate 1,000-square-foot wine bar in the shopping center, featuring a menu of small bites, grab-and-go foods and wine flights.
- Din Tai Fung, the Taiwanese dumpling palace famous for its one-of-a-kind soup dumplings (or xiao long bao), has won legions of intensely passionate devotees from around the world.
- Javier’s Finest Foods of Mexico offers authentic, elevated Mexican cuisine serving heirloom family recipes inspired by Co-Founder Javier Sosa. Patrons at the Westfield UTC location will be able to dine either al fresco on a rustic patio with bonfires, or indoors in a uniquely-designed space featuring handcrafted pottery, antiquated wooden beams and mosaic windows.
- Shake Shack, the New York sensation with a “cult following,” is known for their roadside burgers and hot dogs, milkshakes and frozen custard, and their signature crinkle-cut fries. This popular eatery will also serve beer and wine to thirsty shoppers. At this location, there will also be frozen custard concretes featuring San Diego food purveyors. The Shack will be constructed with recycled and sustainable materials and the chairs and booths will be built from lumber certified by the Forest Stewardship.
- True Food Kitchen will offer a collection of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free entrées in an inviting new setting featuring an indoor/outdoor bar, two patios, and a glassed-in “open” kitchen.
- Great Maple, an already beloved San Diego brunch spot, will bring its signature mid-century modern decor and three-meal-a-day concept to Westfield UTC, feeding patrons from dawn til dusk on a large patio – perfect for people-watching. The restaurant’s fourth location, it will continue to cater to local taste by delivering the made-from-scratch recipes that have won the hearts of many.
- Smokeyard BBQ and Chop Shop’s diverse menu includes signature entrees infused with South African influence: the highest quality seafood and steaks, slow-smoked BBQ, sharable appetizers, sandwiches and burgers. The restaurant’s décor – an array of woods mixed with modern touches throughout the open space – will be enhanced by natural light from floor to ceiling. An inviting outdoor fire pit and chic, spacious bar will make for a lively and upbeat atmosphere.
With an anticipated completion in October 2017, the $585 million resort-inspired transformation at Westfield UTC celebrates the best of the La Jolla lifestyle. In addition to the opening of a new two-level flagship Nordstrom, the project encompasses more than 250,000 square feet of stylish new outdoor boutiques for trendsetting influencer fashion brands and high-end restaurant concepts with al fresco dining patios created by award-winning chefs. In addition to its new beautifully landscaped gardens and outdoor plazas with flowing water—the destination will include 18,000 square feet of new indoor and outdoor event spaces and a palm-lined valet drop-off and contemporary arrival lounge. Moving forward, the property will also be home to a state-of-the-art regional transit center, serving as the terminus for the new San Diego trolley line.
For Related Articles Try: