Kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, or patios, tile can be used anywhere in the house. In reality, it would be hard to find a house that doesn't incorporate this glossy, durable, and easy to clean material to some degree. While tile is commonly used, a lot of people don’t know how to maintain it properly.
Cost-effective and low maintenance tiles are built to last, like this one. But that doesn't mean you don't have to show love and care for them. From scratch prevention to cleaning hacks, today, we bring you the 5 tile maintenance tips everyone should follow.
Each tile category has its own characteristics. However, some general rules work for cleaning any kind of tiles. Before getting into the 5 tile maintenance tips everyone should follow, we want to clear these general rules for your convenience.
● Always avoid products that contain ammonia or acid, as they can discolor or damage tiles and cloves. We strongly recommend using a neutral pH cleaner.
● Never use steel wool or other metal-containing materials. They scratch the surface and, as Emser pointed out, the resulting small fragments could cause rusting.
● Avoid using wax items as they tend to create a film that collects dirt and dust while altering the looks of your tile.
● Place the carpets on the doors that open to the outside. It will keep people from pursuing the dirt and other contaminants that could collect on your surface.
● With any cleaning items you use, first, check them in a compact area to make sure they do not impair the tile.
● Clean the tiles easily with a damp towel every couple of days, then clean the splash guard and floor thoroughly every 14 days.
● Another tip is to clean up and pour instantly. Any residual liquid may cause impairment or soiling to the tile.
5 Tile Maintenance Tips Everyone Should Follow
1. Regularly Remove Excess Dirt
Through food stains to more noticeable markings, the essence of home life will easily ruin the pristine mosaic. The easy-to-clean quality of the tiles ensures that the floor requires less maintenance. However, frequent maintenance is necessary as direct contact with dirt, and debris can wear down the surface over time.
Including sweeping and sometimes washing to place rugs and mattresses at every step, removing excess dirt to prevent damage can leave your floors shiny for a long time.
2. Don't Be Afraid of Deep Cleaning
Although regular maintenance leaves a clean, crisp floor, it is vital to preserving the overall finish by showing a little TLC in the more difficult areas. The formula used to dissolve the dirt when deep cleaning may depend on the type of tile. Therefore, always check that the cleaning products are suitable for the tiles in your kitchen or bathroom.
For example, using a neutral pH soap on natural stone tiles means you can avoid staining the finish. White porcelain tiles saturated with a vinegar and water solution will quickly remove water stains.
3. Remove Stubborn Stains by Gently Using Chemicals
Following the guidelines above will keep your tiles clean and keep it looking its best. Unfortunately, accidents do happen, and large stains on the tiles can be treated with a more aggressive approach that requires chemicals. Be aware that these chemicals can change the color of the grout. It is the most tricky one of the 5 tile maintenance tips everyone should follow.
First, follow the instructions above and find the best method of cleaning the particular stain. Be sure to wear appropriate gloves, face shields, eye protection, and ventilate the area by opening windows and doors that lead outside. Simply clean the affected area.
4. Don't forget to Maintain grout
Typically, the grout lines begin to show staining signs before tiles. Just sealing the grout will not restrain the flooring from damages or fading. For preserving your grotto, it should be washed regularly so that you can remove the build-up from the surface until it stains.
Grout should be washed using a regular grout cleaner. This kind of cleaning agent may remove grease, body oil, soap sweats, algae, mold stains, and acrylic or synthetic waxes from grout lines. For finding the best option, be sure to select a cleaner that contains low-VOC chemicals.
5. Resolve or Replace Damaged Tiles
Visible scratches will pick up dirt and obstruct the view of most virgin tiles, making repairs to the kitchen and bathroom floor necessary. Although a crack stretching to the white of the tile will have to be patched, minor cracks and nicks may be polished.
Scratch, toothpaste, or enamel brass repair kits can fill and patch cracks and small chips in porcelain and ceramic tiles. Epoxy and acetone help pay for a marble base.
Tile floors are busy household spaces with an overall effect that can transform an interior. The durable nature of tiles makes it a long-lasting and cost-effective option. And displaying clean, glossy tiles means you can enjoy the shine for longer.
By following these 5 tiles maintain tips everyone should follow, you keep your tile floors in perfect condition and increase its longevity. Place a rug near the entrance to the room to catch most of the carried dirt, which will diminish your cleaning efforts, and prevent damage to the tiles.